development is a human activity. Agile methods, whether
for project management or software development, are
the ideal approach for developing software products
where change is a risk factor. This course discusses
the important milestones in effective software project
management in the agile way.
project management life cycles: PMI Project Management
Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and IBM RUP: initiation (scoping),
planning, execution (launching), monitoring and control,
and closing of projects
2. Agile project management principles. Agile philosophy.
APM frameworks – envision, speculate, explore,
adapt and close. Configuring project life cycles. Deliverables
– management, technical. Feature-based delivery
3. Agile technical team: Roles and responsibilities,
team empowerment, leadership collaboration. Agile practices:
Facilitated workshops, MoSCoW approach to prioritization,
iterative development methodologies – SCRUM and
XP, modeling, timeboxing.
4. Agile project planning: Agile requirements - structure
and hierarchy of requirements. The Agile approach to
estimating. Agile measurements
5. Agile control mechanisms: 7 control parameters. Transitioning
to agile. Agile approach to risk and configuration management.
Quality in agile project. Agile quality management.
Project Management: Traditional, Agile, Extreme, (7thEd):
Robert K. Wysocki; Wiley India (2014)
2. Agile Project Management (2ndEd): Jim Highsmith,
Addison-Wesley Professional (2009)
3. Project Management the Agile Way: Making it Work
in the Enterprise (1st Ed): John C. Goodpasture, Cengage
Learning India (2014)
4. Agile Project Management: Creating Innovative Products
(2ndEd): Jim Highsmith, AW (2009)