1. Basic Control Theory - Time Response Analysis - Frequency Domain Analysis - Stability of Linear Systems - Compensating Networks - Design of Lead/Lag Compensator - PID Controller Design and Tuning
2. Discrete Data Control Systems - Types of Discrete Time Systems - Examples of Discrete Data Systems - Sampling Process and Analysis - Data Reconstruction and Hold Circuits - Mathematical Analysis of Discrete Data Systems - z-Transforms - Pulse Transfer Function - Time Response Analysis of Discrete Time Systems - Mapping Properties of Z-Transform - Stability of Discrete Time Systems
3. State Space Analysis of Systems - State Model for Linear Systems and Nonlinear Systems - State Space Model for Physical Systems - State Space Model from Transfer Functions - Canonical Models - Time Domain Analysis in State Space - Time Invariant State Equation - State Transition Matrix from Cayleigh–Hamilton Theorem - Solution of State Equation in Canonical Forms.
4. Characteristics of Nonlinear Systems - Multiple Equilibrium States and Zones - Jump Phenomenon - Linearisation Techniques - Lyapunov’s Method for Stability - Classification of Nonlinearities - Phase Plane Analysis -Delta Method-Pell’s Method -Evaluation of Time on Phase Trajectory -Limit Cycles on Phase Plane
5. Describing Function - Definition - Analysis - Describing Function for Ideal Relay -Relay with Dead Zone - Simple Dead Zone - Friction Controlled Backlash - Stability of the Limit Cycles - Closed Loop Frequency Response - Lyapunov’s method for nonlinear systems - Application of Lyapunov Function to Estimate Transients - Optimal Control Performance Measures - Quadratic Performance Measures